Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A nice mixture of nuts and green beans to dress up any meal.
Top Review by Anu
Yum! I cut the beans into 1 inch pieces and cooked them for 10 minutes. After roasting the almonds in the butter, I added the cooked beans to the same pot and mixed it all together, so the beans borrowed some of the buttery flavour too!
- 1 lb green beans or 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen French-cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice fresh beans French style and cook, covered in a small amount of boiling salted water until crisp-tender.
- (Or cook frozen beans according to package directions).
- Cook almonds in butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Remove from heat and add juice.
- Pour over beans.