Recipe by COOKGIRl
Found this recipe on the web recently. Love the combination of flavors. Use the best quality green beans available. Canned beans won't work in this recipe. UPDATE: I've eliminated the step for submerging the beans in ice cold water per suggestion of a reviewer. Always room for improvement!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and trim green beans. Blanch the green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 1 minute or until bright green.
- Drain the green beans, rinse to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a sautè pan. Place remaining ingredients in the saucepan over medium heat and cook for two minutes; stirring constantly.
- Pour the spice mixture over the green beans and toss gently until beans are thoroughly coated.
- Serve warm.