Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I put this together a few years ago when we were having company...and it's a requested veggie dish ever since! This is very simple and easy!!
- 1 lb fresh green beans (cleaned and cut in approx 3 inch pieces...I prefer the thin ones)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped and fried crisp
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin strips
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- Stir fry veggies with garlic in a tbls or two of olive oil.
- (until crisp-tender).
- Place in serving dish, sprinkle with bacon and walnuts.
A very tasty and easy to put together side dish. I really enjoyed the different textures. I also like how colorful it is, a great side dish to dress up a standard meat and potato meal. Thanks for posting Katie! Nick's Mom