Green Beans Aglio Olio (with Garlic and Olive Oil)
- Steam beans over a pot of boiling water, or in a veggie steamer, for about 5 minutes.
- Feel free to steam more or less, depending on how your family likes their veggies cooked.
- Keep in mind that you will also be sautéing the beans in the next step.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds to impart its flavors into the oil.
- Before the garlic begins to brown, add the red pepper flakes and green beans to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.