Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and delicious. A true Italian staple for any dinner. This is just about the only way my mother and grandmother cooked their vegetables!
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more if desired
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Steam beans over a pot of boiling water, or in a veggie steamer, for about 5 minutes.
- Feel free to steam more or less, depending on how your family likes their veggies cooked.
- Keep in mind that you will also be sautéing the beans in the next step.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds to impart its flavors into the oil.
- Before the garlic begins to brown, add the red pepper flakes and green beans to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
I enjoyed making this recipe. You could even add diced tomatoes to it.
This is a great and easy way to spruce up green beans. The red pepper really gives it a kick. I also added sliced almonds. Yum!!!
This was a nice way to enjoy green beans. The garlic and red pepper gave it nice flavor. Thanks!