Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil (can use less! I do)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 59.14 ml sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml sliced green olives (optional)
- 7.39 ml hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut the ends off the beans, and quickly cook the beans in a large pot of boiling water (that has the 1/2 teaspoon salt added to it) and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove and put in cold water for 5 minutes to crisp. Drain.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir evenly.
- Add the onions, green olives, and cool beans and toss until coated, add hot pepper flakes if using. Set your salad out now, or keep it in fridge as long as you want to. Enjoy!
- Great for vegans and vegetarians alike.
- I sneak these and eat them one by one!
Andi can so see why you snack / sneak these beans one at a time as before I knew it I was doing the same thing. I loved the flavor the green olives and garlic brought and also that the beans were still crispy and not over cooked. I did have to use a red onion instead of white because that is all I had. You know we will be munching on these often. Thanks for the post.
Very very good salad. The flavours complement each other beautifully. I left the hot pepper flakes on the table so that people could add it or not, each according to his or her own taste. Made for ZWT7