Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good. I created this to give green beans more flavor. This is a big batch because there are 6 of us (7 if you include my hubby's lunch for work next day) and because they always want seconds ..... even the little ones. I use fresh or frozen green beans but cooking time will differ between the two.
- 907.18 g green beans, cut
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 226.79 g canned mushrooms, drained
- 29.58 ml garlic salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds (optional)
- In saucepan add green beans and onion and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and boil until beans and onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until flavors are well blended, about 5 minutes.
Excellent!!! I just made them for my Easter dinner I used fresh mushrooms and added them after the beans coked for 5 minutes. A keeper!!!!
I have so many green beans in my freezer from my garden this year that I saw this recipe and thought I would try it for dinner. I had no mushrooms but the dish turned out yummy! I topped them with these coated fried onions they were delicious so thank you for posting, Small town cook!
We have a surplus of beans this year and this recipe really hit the spot. I mixed yellow & Green beans & used fresh mushroom. The photos did not turn out but I will make this again and take more pics