This is a great recipe for those fresh from the garden green beans.
Make and share this Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Place the beans in a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 6-8 minutes until firm but not raw, drain well
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the olive oil and heat, adding the onion and cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Add the chicken stock and garlic.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Season well if desired and serve.