Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a great recipe for those fresh from the garden green beans.
- 1 lb green beans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Place the beans in a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 6-8 minutes until firm but not raw, drain well
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the olive oil and heat, adding the onion and cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Add the chicken stock and garlic.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Season well if desired and serve.
This recipe takes little ingredients and is so simple to prepare. It tastes great and makes an awesome side dish.
Very delicious way to cook green beans! I realized mid-reicpe that my last head of garlic wasn't looking so good, so had to substitute garlic powder. It turned out great! Next time I will try real garlic but this worked just fine as well. Not a bean left in the pot by the time dinner was over - and there were only 2 of us!
My husband LOVED it!! He said that it reminded him of his Grandma's recipe!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!