Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a good friend who learned it from her grandmother. The sugar in the green beans give it a good flavor.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, partially drained
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
Just a tad too sweet, otherwise perfection!
I like this recipe very well with the addition of crumbled bacon mixed with the beans and a little bit of crushed red pepper chillis for an additional bite. Very easy and frugal for a good side dish. Thanks...
These are great! I loved the addition of the bacon grease. I did like others suggested and only used half the amount of sugar. Very easy to prepare and tasty too. Thanks for posting.