Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Requires 24 hour marinade. You will not regret taking the time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, stringed & trimmed
- 2 zucchini, 2-inch in diameter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- Cook beans in salted water until crisp tender, about 7 minutes. Cool beans in ice water & drain. Set aside. Cut zucchini into 8 1 1/2" slices. Carve out the centers so that you have 1/4" rims. Steam zucchini rings for 2-3 minutes until crisp tender. Immerse in ice water & drain well. Poke 8-12 beans through each ring. Arrange bundles in a 13x9" casserole. Combine the remaining ingredients in a blender & pour over bundles. Cover & refrigerate 24 hours.