Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is so good served with a chunk of homemade bread.
Top Review by woodland hues
Soup with great flavour from the cayenne and the lovely fresh vegetables. We enjoyed this immensely. It served up 6 generous bowls. I used maybe 1 tbsp olive oil instead of 1/4 cup, and added 1 1/2 cups water for extra moisture. Added cooked crumbled sausage at the end of cooking also. An excellent recipe to use up excess quantities of green beans. I will love to make and serve this again. Thank you!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add green beans and cayenne pepper; saute for 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add zucchini, potatoes, and parsley.
- Add tomatoes and mix together.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve.