Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe by Woman's Day's Test Kitchens.
Make and share this Green Bean 'un' Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons stick unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups French's cheddar french fried onions (from a 6 ounce can)
- Cook green beans in lightly salted water to cover 7-9 minutes until crisp tender. Drain well; transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook about 6 minutes, swirling pan gently until butter browns. Don't let butter burn or it will taste bitter. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper sauce. Immediately pour over beans. Toss gently to mix and coat. Just before serving: Re-crisp onions as can directs. Gently stir half into beans. Sprinkle rest on top.