Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one from 500 (Practically) Fat Free One Pot Meals from the library.
Make and share this Green Bean, Turnip and Eggplant Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, nonfat and low sodium
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups green beans, chopped in 1-inch lengths
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups turnips, diced
- 3 cups eggplants, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 scallions, minced
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute till onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, beans, carrots, turnips, eggplant, black pepper, basil and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer til vegetables are just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with scallions.