Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one from 500 (Practically) Fat Free One Pot Meals from the library.
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, nonfat and low sodium
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups green beans, chopped in 1-inch lengths
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups turnips, diced
- 3 cups eggplants, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 scallions, minced
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute till onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, beans, carrots, turnips, eggplant, black pepper, basil and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer til vegetables are just tender, about 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with scallions.