Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple side that reminds me of the farmer's market and summer.
- 2 cups green beans, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces and cooked
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine green beans and tomatoes in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cooked diced bacon until crisp; drain, reserve fat.
- Return 2 tablespoon bacon grease to skillet.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add to beans along with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350F until tomatoes are cooked, 20 to 25 minutes.