Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a nice side with anything.
- 3⁄4 lb green beans (or a combo of yellow beans and green beans)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground star anise
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Heat the oil in the wok until very hot.
- Stir fry beans for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add star anaise and garlic then fry for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients then fry for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Really fabulous! I bought some ground star anise at Penzey's this weekend to make this recipe and was so glad I did! The only change I made was to use less tabasco, about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. My husband loved these and was picking leftovers out of the wok after dinner. It's the first time I have ever seen him voluntarily eat green beans! Thanks, Dancer, for a keeper!