Recipe by Elmotoo
A recipe from Luxembourg submitted for ZWT 6.
Top Review by cst1996
I absolutely love this and have subbed ham for the bacon with just as delicious results. I personally prefer sour cream and in my own bowl add an extra dollop with black pepper! YUM!!!!! Thanks so much for posting.
- 2 cups green beans or 2 cups wax beans, sliced
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup diced onion
- water, to cover
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 pint cream or 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- mettwurscht sausage (optional)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2c sliced green or wax beans and 1c diced potatoes and chopped onion into a soup pot.
- Cover with water and boil until soft.
- Fry 4 slices of bacon and add bacon bits and fat to soup.
- Add about ½ pint of cream and simmer (sour cream is even more delicious).
- Some people like to add a "Mettwurscht" (sausage) to their "Bou'neschlupp"
- Add salt & pepper to taste.