Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a fast side dish, recipe comes from The Gourmet Connection.
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- If using fresh green beans, cook green beans in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or steam for 2-3 minutes until barely fork tender.
- Drain well.
- If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onions until golden.
- Stir in green beans, salt and pepper.
- Heat through.
- Toss with Parsley before serving.
Excellent green beans! I especially enjoyed that they don't rely on some kind of fat/oil for flavor. Great made with fresh beans.
We enjoyed this recipe. I did cut the onions in half as my family is not a big consumer of onions. The onions added a nice flavor to the green beans, but a whole onion would have been too much for us. Someone who really likes onion would probably enjoy the full amount. I simmered the beans for about 15 minutes, as we like soft green beans. I used frozen beans tonight and will make again sometime with fresh.