Recipe by fluffernutter
My cousin is Ukranian, and makes an amazing green bean salad that is originally from Georgia. Not THAT Georgia, but the one near Russia. This was yet another thing I did with the 5 lb of Costco organic baby green beans my husband bought.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the salad
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and snapped into 1 inch lengths (leave baby beans whole)
- 1⁄2 cup packed chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound half the walnuts to a paste in a mortar, or process in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Cook the beans in an inch of water in a covered saucepan until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a serving bowl, toss the beans, dressing, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with remaining walnuts and serve warm or at room temperature.