Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
My cousin is Ukranian, and makes an amazing green bean salad that is originally from Georgia. Not THAT Georgia, but the one near Russia. This was yet another thing I did with the 5 lb of Costco organic baby green beans my husband bought.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the salad
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and snapped into 1 inch lengths (leave baby beans whole)
- 1⁄2 cup packed chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pound half the walnuts to a paste in a mortar, or process in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Cook the beans in an inch of water in a covered saucepan until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a serving bowl, toss the beans, dressing, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with remaining walnuts and serve warm or at room temperature.
Very good - I omitted the salt but otherwise followed the recipe. My daughter especially loved them - she kept asking for more.