Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Bon Apetit, this is a lovely salad or cold side dish for summertime meals. Would be nice for a brunch, as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 8 radishes, sliced paper-thin
- 1 (3 ounce) package prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese or 2 ounces reggiatto cheese, shaved
- Cook beans in a large pot of salted water until crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes; drain well and cool.
- Whisk sherry, mustard, and chives, then gradually whisk in the oil.Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beans, radishes, and prosciutto, then toss with enough dresing to coat.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave parmesan or reggiatto on top of salad.
This was a nice and easy side dish. Since the other chef didn't love the dressing, I used my favorite sweet Italian dressing and added a little Dijon mustard and the chives which worked perfectly. I loved the cooked prosciutto. Served it along side a Sausage pie (similar to a quiche). Very nice. Made for my teammate for ZWT5. Go SIRENAS!!!
I'm always looking for something new to do with the abundance of green beans, radishes, and chives that grow in my back yard, so I was really excited to try this one. However, I have to say that I was dissapointed with the dressing as written. It had a bitter taste that I didn't like, so I started over and substituted sherry wine vinegar for the sherry wine, cut the mustard back by half, and added kosher salt and fresly ground pepper, all of which really made a better dressing. I really enjoyed the prosciutto, but DH said he would rather have crumbled bacon. Thanks for posting, with some changes we will enjoy this again. Made for ZWT5 by one of the Cooks with Dirty Faces.