Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple side dish for those hot summer nights. Walnuts or almonds may be substituted for the pecans. Lightly pan toasting the nuts will add to their flavor.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1-2 inches water to boil.
- Prepare a bowl with water & ice.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green & still crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the icewater to stop cooking.
- Once the beans are cool, place them on a flour sack towel to dry.
- In a small bowl combine mustard & vinegar. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine green beans & scallions.
- Pour dressing over and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle nuts & cheese on top.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
Yummy! After taste testing, I increased the mustard to 1 tablespoon and used just 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I used both green and yellow beans and for the cheese I used one of my favorite blues: Crater Lake Blue. I also used toasted slivered almonds. This was delicious. I think it would also taste good with feta in place of the gorgonzola. Next time, I might add some grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes.