Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so tasty! You'll never want to do green beans any other way again.
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil beans in salted water for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and refresh in a bowl of ice and cold water. Drain and pat dry. (may be prepared up to 1 day in advance).
- In a blender, puree capers with lemon juice, mustard and 2 tblsps white wine. With motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream and blend until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning by adding salt and pepper. (may be made up to 1 day in advance. Whisk before using).
- In a large serving bowl, toss together beans and dressing. Sieve hard-boiled egg over top.
This was very tasty and a nice change from the usual green beans.
This was nice and fresh tasting. Would be PERFECT for picnic, BBQ or dish to bring!
This was really delicious. I liked that there were neither onions nor garlic in this salad, and the dressing mixed with the sieved eggs ( I used a potato ricer on them) was almost like a mayonnaise in looks and consistency, with the mustard and capers giving a really new flavor to the salad that we greatly enjoyed. Will certainly be making this again.