I usually make this fantastic salad when green beans are plentiful in my veggie garden. This is one of the best green bean salads you will ever have! please don't leave out the kalamata olives or hazelnuts, it's what makes this salad! Prepare ahead this salad needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving. Also all ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. Double or triple the ingredients to serve a crowd!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, ends removed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1/2 cup green onions (or to taste) or 1/2 cup shallot, thinly sliced (or to taste)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (or to taste)
- 1Prepare a large bowl with ice in it.
- 2Place the beans in a pot on top of stove, and cover with boiling water (make certain that the water is already boiled an still hot).
- 3Bring to a medium boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes (no more than that).
- 4Drain the beans and plunge into ice water (this will help stop the cooking process and retain the bright green colour).
- 5Place the beans to dry on a towel.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, minced garlic, honey and red wine vinegar (start with 3 tablespoons vinegar adding more to taste).
- 7Place the beans in a large bowl and pour the oil mixture over them; toss well to combine.
- 8Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Add in the crushed hazelnuts, olives and green onion or shallots (if using) mix well to combine.
- 10Chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Salad With Kalamata Olives and Hazelnuts
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 206.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g