Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Caribbean limes are the basis for numerous island salads. This colorful example combines beans, tomatoes, and onion in a sweet lime dressing.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut vertically into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- Cook beans according to package directions until just tender-crisp.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans with tomatoes and onion. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well. Add to bean mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Mix before serving.
- NOTE: preparation time does not include chilling time.
I really liked this dressing; may make a big batch and served on salad greens with grilled chicken. I used fresh green beans that I steamed and some leftover grape tomatoes that I halved. this is a great summer salad since it is served cold and can transport since there is not mayo/cream dressing. Made for ZWT9.
An enjoyable salad, a little different to my regular salads. Enjoyed for ZWT9 visit to the Caribbean region .
This is a really nice salad. I used canned green beans made but as directed otherwise. Simple and tasty. Thanks morgainegeiser for sharing. Made for ZWT9.