1/1 Photo of Green Bean Salad With Corn, Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
This salad is as delicious as it is beautiful, and makes for a great BBQ sidedish. Sometimes when I get the winter blahs, I'll make this and it feels like summer again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (3-4 ears)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 small red onion, cut half then into thin slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1Cut the corn kernels from the ears, while bringing a pot of water to a boil.
- 2When the water comes to a boil, add the corn kernels and blanch for about 1 minute. Remove them with a strainer and set aside.
- 3Let the water return to a boil and season generously with salt. Add the beans and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the beans and flush with cold water until they are cool.
- 4Meanwhile, put the onion slices in a bowl of ice water, which will crips them and mellow their flavor.
- 5Using either a mortar and pestel or the flat side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt.
- 6Add the paste to a small bowl (or leave it in the mortar) and whisk in the vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes. Add the olive oil and whisk again.
- 7Just before serving, drain the onions. Put the beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, and basil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and then toss with the vinaigrette. Season further if required. Serve right away.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Salad With Corn, Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g