Recipe by - Carla -
This is an easy and delicious salad for summertime. Especially when the green beans are in their peak season. This recipe can be made using my Herbal Tarragon Vinegar #2882.
Top Review by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
This was good - I used the prepared Tarragon vinegar and fresh tarragon. I had some matchstick carrots from another recipe attempt which I had made leftover - so I added them - just for color. I had some while still warm - and actually preferred them that way. A nice side dish to chicken or beef meal. In a zip lock bag for transport - this would be perfect for a picnic or pot luck.
- 3 lbs green beans
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup herbal tarragon vinegar (Herbal Vinegar with Tarragon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly chopped tarragon, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over high heat in 1 inch of water, heat green beans to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until green beans are tender crisp; drain.
- In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, tarragon vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper; mix well.
- I like to put the green beans and sliced onions in a large zip-lock bag (less clean up) along with the tarragon dressing mixture, fumbling for dressing to coat green beans.
- If you don't have a large zip-lock bag you can place the green beans and sliced onions in a large dish and toss to coat with the tarragon dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours hours for flavors to blend before serving.
- Garnish with freshly topped tarragon.
- Serve and Enjoy!