Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This a good recipe for barbecues, I've made it in the morning and it was fine for the evening meal. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui. New Zealand
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mixed herbs, finely chopped (I use a couple of tsp fresh)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cut green beans, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup onion (I like red)
- Combine first five ingredients in a bowl (I shake it in a jar).
- Add beans and onion, toss to combine, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
I really liked this. I did make a couple of small changes, used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, added one clove of minced garlic and only used 1 teaspoon of sugar. I will definitely make this again.
LOVED this! Made it for a potluck BBQ, and it went over like gangbusters. Very summery taste. Thank you!
This recipe was good I added a little more sugar because the vinegar taste was kind of strong and I added raisins and walnuts. Thanks for a great recipe idea.