Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My sister gave me this recipe. She made it for a Christmas party. It was a hit with everyone.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- Melt butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic in saucepan.
- Cut bacon into thirds. Wrap 5 or 6 green beans in bacon.
- Lay seam side down in 9x13-inch pan.
- Pour mixture over roll-ups and cover with foil.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes.
As far as I'm concerned, this is the ONLY way to eat green beans. I am not a big fan of green beans, but this recipe has turned me around! It is always a hit for get-togethers as well as with children. A WORD OF ADVICE: Double this batch when making for a party or gathering. They go so fast and you can never have enough. I always have to give out the recipe right then and there.