Recipe by Sharon123
This colorful quiche is perfect for brunch or lunch, or dinner!
Top Review by Leta
The flavors of the peppers, onions and cheddar cheese in this quiche blend well. It was a good meal, and I would recommend it once the problems with the recipe are corrected. I normally would have given it 4 stars, but there are some problems with the recipe itself. The ingredients list calls for onions and 2 tbls of butter, which are not mentioned in the instructions. I assumed the butter was used to saute the onion along with the green pepper and mushrooms, which I then added to the cooked beans. However, the mushrooms which are mentioned in the instructions are not listed with the ingredients. [Editor's Note: recipe was updated as a result of this review 10/27/02]
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans (I used fresh cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (do not substitute reduced fat or fat free mayo)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup crushed saltine (about 8 crackers)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Sauté onions in butter, add mushrooms and green pepper; sauté until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt; stir in the beans, mushroom mixture and cracker crumbs.
- Gradually stir in eggs.
- Pour into a greased deep-dish 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with tomato and cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife, inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Yield-6 servings.