Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 6 cups fresh trimmed and cut green beans (about 2 lbs) or 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 4 -6 cups fresh red potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 can other cream soup, undiluted
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter.
- Layer sliced potatoes, sliced onion and green beans, sprinkling with dill and salt and pepper as you go.
- Dot with butter, about 1 tablespoon total, and add about 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (low, about 8 hours).
- Stir in soup or sauce; turn to low and cook an additional 30 minutes or leave on warm until serving time or up to 4 hours.
- Note: Add bits of cooked bacon or veggie bacos for extra flavor.
We eat a lot of potatoes, but not enough vegetables in our house. This way, I can slip some green veggies into the diet. Great recipe!