Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southern Living March 2012
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb French haricots vert, cut in half lengthwise (tiny green beans)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped finely chopped roasted salted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed arugula
- roasted salted pistachios
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta mixture with cold running water; drain well.
- Place pasta mixture, thyme, and 3 teaspoons lemon zest in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together pistachios, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended.
- Drizzle over pasta mixture. Add arugula, and toss gently to coat. Serve with desired toppings.