Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
My sister in-law made this for Christmas and it was absolutely wonderful. Definitely the type of dish you hope has leftovers. It can also be combined a day ahead and baked when needed.
Top Review by TasteTester
I made this for our Christmas dinner too, and it was a pleasant change from the usual green bean casserole. I used frozen green beans instead of canned, but other than that made the recipe as written. The only change I would make next time is to use less Swiss cheese -- maybe only 1 cup. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, wine, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter over medium heat just until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in green beans.
- Stir in soup mixture.
- Spoon all into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese and toasted almonds slivers.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until hot and bubbly.