Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great sidedish recipe including green beans, carrots, and mushrooms.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 carrots, cut into thick strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Steam or cook carrots and green beans in boiling water.
- Cook until tender, but still firm.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until almost tender.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, carrots, seasoned salt, garlic, and white pepper.
- Cover and cook five minutes on low heat.
Instead of steaming them, I sauteed the carrots and beans in Marsala. Followed the directions otherwise. Next time I will add some slivered almonds for crunch.
Daphne, this is a really nice and tasty vegetable dish. I made it exactly per the instructions. And you were right when you told me this goes with most anything! Thanks!
I followed the recipe as instructed. My family thought there was too much onion to the amount of vegetables but otherwise we all loved the flavor and it all got gobbled up quickly! I will definitely make this again!