Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great sidedish recipe including green beans, carrots, and mushrooms.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 carrots, cut into thick strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Steam or cook carrots and green beans in boiling water.
- Cook until tender, but still firm.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until almost tender.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, carrots, seasoned salt, garlic, and white pepper.
- Cover and cook five minutes on low heat.
Instead of steaming them, I sauteed the carrots and beans in Marsala. Followed the directions otherwise. Next time I will add some slivered almonds for crunch.
Daphne, this is a really nice and tasty vegetable dish. I made it exactly per the instructions. And you were right when you told me this goes with most anything! Thanks!
I don't know why I haven't reviewed this yet I think I printed this in 2005 and have been making it ever since just as written it is delish!!!