Recipe by Bergy
Do it ahead right up to the last 5 minutes. Nice combo of beans and artichokes (Don't confuse Jerusalem artichokes with regular artichokes--they are very different).
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces, cooked until just tender
- 1⁄2 lb jerusalem artichoke
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the green beans for about 5 minutes in boiling salted water; dash them into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- Peel artichokes under cold water. When peeled, drop them into a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice to prevent darkening.
- At serving time, melt butter (margarine) in a large skillet.
- Cut artichokes into thin slices.
- Add artichokes and beans to the skillet.
- Shake skillet and gently stir the veggies until heated through 5-6 minutes.
- Toss with parsley and oregano.