Do it ahead right up to the last 5 minutes. Nice combo of beans and artichokes (Don't confuse Jerusalem artichokes with regular artichokes--they are very different).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the green beans for about 5 minutes in boiling salted water; dash them into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- 2Peel artichokes under cold water. When peeled, drop them into a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice to prevent darkening.
- 3At serving time, melt butter (margarine) in a large skillet.
- 4Cut artichokes into thin slices.
- 5Add artichokes and beans to the skillet.
- 6Shake skillet and gently stir the veggies until heated through 5-6 minutes.
- 7Toss with parsley and oregano.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean & Jerusalem Artichoke Saute
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g