Recipe by bricookie55
From Rachael Ray Magazine. I have had different variations of this when dining out but have never tried at home. I have not made this recipe yet, either, but I figured I would post it because it sounds so good, and so easy to make. Hope you like it.
Top Review by rosslare
These turned out really nice and crispy, great batter. Somewhat light on flavor, I sprinkled a lot of salt on top of them, as I would on top of chips. Served with V's Southwestern Dip 381464, great together.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for serving)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in 3/4 to 1 cup cold water to form a smooth batter.
- Fill a skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of 1 to 2 inches and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Drop a bit of batter into pan; if it sizzles immediately, the oil is hot enough.
- Working in four batches, using tongs, dip beans in batter and add to oil. Fry until golden, about four minutes. Transfer to paper towels and repeat with the remaining beans.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.