Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend of mine gave me this recipe - it gives an extra kick to the regular green bean casserole. Everyone seems to enjoy the variation!
- 4 cans green beans, drained
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 12 ounces Cheez Whiz
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients- reserving 1/2 c of french fried onions- stir well and pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350, sprinkle on reserved onions and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
I left out the tomatoes this time around, and it was a great change of pace from the usual casserole. Will definitely make again, with AND without the tomatoes.
I like this variation. This would be a great potluck dish. I do think that mild rotel would work fine if there is some who don't like so much heat.