Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great recipe to take to a cook out or pitch-it. Fairly easy to make and you can make it ahead of time since its a chilled dish.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshley ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry. Place in serving bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2. Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- 3. Add chopped onion and 1/2 cup of LemonVinaigrette prepared in step 2 to beans, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with feta and walnuts. (you can use leftover vinaigrette to marinate artichoke hearts or chicken breasts.).
SO simple, easy to do! DEFINATELY compliments your party too! Like last reviewer, used a little over a pound of beans too! Basically, the amount is up to YOU! THANKS!
The amount of beans was a little unclear so I used a little over a pound of fresh beans. This was so Yummy! All the flavors and textures work so well together. Toasting the walnuts is a must for this recipe. Thanks so much for the post. 8+)
A deliciously different way to prepare green beans. I assume that the recipe calls for 1 1/2 pounds of fresh green beans. Not having fresh, I used a 16 oz package of frozen beans with excellent results. The dressing is wonderful and will be great over a mixed green salad. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*