Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A twist on an old favorite.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen French-cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions
- Combine beans, corn, soup onions, sour cream, cheese salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2 qt casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with French fried onions.
- Bake , uncovered at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
We did enjoy this, although it gave me a looser casserole than anticipated, a thinner sauce. Lots of flavour and the veggies were well complemented by the sauce, but I would probably use creamed corn next time, for a firmer casserole. this is undoubtedly personal taste. I did sautee the chopped onions before using, and since I didn't have French-fried onions, I crumbled some savoury crackers and used them for a topping. This is easy to prepare and a nice way to enjoy your vegetables, I served it with ChefPookys Recipe #161787 , and some mashed potatoes, for a super meal! Made for PAC Spring 2009