Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My SIL's niece always brings this dish to holiday gatherings. I have changed a few things to suit my taste but the basic recipe is still the same one Stacy gave me. Thanks for a great dish, Stacy.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 37 Ritz crackers, crushed (1 Sleeve)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour green beans and corn into large colander and let liquid drain off.
- When all liquid has drained off place beans and corn into large mixing bowl.
- In heavy skillet fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove from skillet, crumble and add to bean/corn mixture.
- Add onion to bacon grease in skillet and saute until soft over medium heat until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove onion from drippings and add onions to bean/corn mixture.
- Combine Cream of Celery Soup, sour cream, salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and cayenne pepper, mixing well.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to soup mixture and pour over bean/corn mixture, mixing well but being careful not to break beans.
- Pour bean/corn mixure into 8x12 baking dish.
- Combine melted butter and crushed Ritz Crackers, mixing well.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers over bean/corn mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is slightly browned and crisped.