This is really good, but must stay in the fridge overnight.
Make and share this Green Bean, Corn and Pea Marinated Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 2 cups frozen peas (cooked only until firm-tender and cooled)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Drain the green beans, and corn over a colinder, then place in a glass bowl with the cooked peas, green pepper and sliced onions.
- In a saucepan heat sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring continuously ONLY until the sugar dissolves completely (do not boil for a long time).
- Remove from heat and pour over the veggies.
- Refrigerate overnight.