Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is really good, but must stay in the fridge overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 2 cups frozen peas (cooked only until firm-tender and cooled)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Drain the green beans, and corn over a colinder, then place in a glass bowl with the cooked peas, green pepper and sliced onions.
- In a saucepan heat sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring continuously ONLY until the sugar dissolves completely (do not boil for a long time).
- Remove from heat and pour over the veggies.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Great way to get those servings of vegetables the easy and enjoyable way-in a great tasting salad. I used Splenda instead of sugar, so I didn't have to heat the dressing very long. I served this in a bed of lettuce for a delicious, different salad.
Hi! Made your marinated salad and it is so-ooo good. I also plan on using your dressing for 'Green Bean Salad', which is one of my favorites. I used a wee less sugar (personal taste), and it is easy and quick to put together. Thanks, Kittencal for a great recipe! M. Joan