Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is really good, but must stay in the fridge overnight.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Great way to get those servings of vegetables the easy and enjoyable way-in a great tasting salad. I used Splenda instead of sugar, so I didn't have to heat the dressing very long. I served this in a bed of lettuce for a delicious, different salad.
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 2 cups frozen peas (cooked only until firm-tender and cooled)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the green beans, and corn over a colinder, then place in a glass bowl with the cooked peas, green pepper and sliced onions.
- In a saucepan heat sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer stirring continuously ONLY until the sugar dissolves completely (do not boil for a long time).
- Remove from heat and pour over the veggies.
- Refrigerate overnight.