A different type of chowder. Use fresh or frozen green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3-quart saucepan cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Add green beans, carrot, potato, onion, salt and pepper. Mix together and add water.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add beans and cook 5 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Blend sour cream and flour together in a medium-sized bowl.
- 5Pour 1 cup of the hot vegetable mixture into the sour cream mixture and combine. Return to saucepan.
- 6Stir in milk and heat until slightly thickened, being careful not to boil.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 695.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 13.2 g