Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light, JULY 2004
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed (8 ounces)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- Place the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water, and cook 3 minutes.
- Drain and plunge beans into ice water. Drain.
- Combine beans, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well to combine.