Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful summer flavor!
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 small shallot, dice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside on a towel to cool.
- In large bowl, stir together shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes, then whisk in oil.
- Add cherry tomatoes and toss. Add beans and basil and toss again. Adjust seasoning.
Delicious! I followed the instructions completely and wouldn't change a thing. I used cherry tomatoes but like Sydney Mike I would imagine fresh ones from the garden would really make this salad. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
We have green beans often & this is a nice new way to prepare them! Tomatoes fresh from the garden would really be exceptional here! With the ease of preparation & the great taste, what more could one want! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]