- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 small shallot, dice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside on a towel to cool.
- In large bowl, stir together shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes, then whisk in oil.
- Add cherry tomatoes and toss. Add beans and basil and toss again. Adjust seasoning.