Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Classic Green Bean Casserole with a slightly more 'oniony' twist.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons white onions, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium casserole dish mix together green beans, milk, cream of mushroom soup, and onions. Sprinkle with black pepper (optional) and stir.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven until heated through and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with French fried onions over the tops and return to oven for 5 minutes.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a good addition. It's not something I normally make, but this recipe caught my eye because it contained fresh onions as well as the french fried onions. It was moist but not runny and not too rich. Sliced, cooked mushrooms would be nice in this as well. I may try that next year. Thanx for posting!