Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I do not like canned vegetables, so here is the famous recipe, but using frozen, thawed green beans instead of canned.
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 177.44 ml milk
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 2 (510.29 g) package French style green beans, thawed
- 314.66 ml French-fried onions, divided
- Combine soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -quart baking dish; stir until blended.
- Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
This recipe did not work for me at all. After baking for 30 minutes, not only were the beans still raw, but the casserole was very soupy. And yes, the beans _were_ thawed when I put it in the oven. I baked it for an additional 15 minutes, but it still was not done. At that point I gave up. The garbage disposal had a nice meal.
I really liked this , it was really easy . I did 1/2 cup 1% milk and 1/4 cup of half & half and about a 1/2 cup of chedder cheese to add even more creamyness to it . Great recipe , I hate canned green beans too. thanks for sharing
I wasn't sure how this would be without the canned green beans, but I liked it even better than the original version. Nice to have a slightly healthier version of an old classic.