Recipe by MrsPres
I do not like canned vegetables, so here is the famous recipe, but using frozen, thawed green beans instead of canned.
Top Review by jddouglas73
This recipe did not work for me at all. After baking for 30 minutes, not only were the beans still raw, but the casserole was very soupy. And yes, the beans _were_ thawed when I put it in the oven. I baked it for an additional 15 minutes, but it still was not done. At that point I gave up. The garbage disposal had a nice meal.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages French style green beans, thawed
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -quart baking dish; stir until blended.
- Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.