Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I do not like canned vegetables, so here is the famous recipe, but using frozen, thawed green beans instead of canned.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages French style green beans, thawed
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- Combine soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -quart baking dish; stir until blended.
- Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
I really liked this , it was really easy . I did 1/2 cup 1% milk and 1/4 cup of half & half and about a 1/2 cup of chedder cheese to add even more creamyness to it . Great recipe , I hate canned green beans too. thanks for sharing
I wasn't sure how this would be without the canned green beans, but I liked it even better than the original version. Nice to have a slightly healthier version of an old classic.
Tastes great! My dad usually uses frozen green beans in this casserole too. It gives it a fres taste and cuts down some of the saltiness.