1/1 Photo of Green Bean Casserole With Bacon and Wine
I tried this green bean casserole variation for Easter one year and loved the kicked up flavor from the bacon, wine and soy sauce. I hadn't cooked this casserole in years, but scoured the web, found this recipe and we devoured it! UPDATE: I corrected this recipe to adjust the cooking time and temperature so the recipe could be doubled easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb green beans, thawed if frozen
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions, more to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If beans are fresh, trim the ends and cut into bite-size pieces or leave whole.
- 2Fry bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside.
- 3Drain most of the bacon grease, and place pan over medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the wine, scraping up all the bacon bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 4Mix in the butter, milk, soup, and soy sauce. Season with pepper but add salt sparingly, if at all. Stir in the green beans and bacon until evenly coated. Fold in cheese, then transfer to an 8x11 inch baking dish or oval casserole. Sprinkle with as many French fried onions as desired - you can stir some in, also.
- 5Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through and sauce is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Casserole With Bacon and Wine
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 670.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: