Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This unusual recipe is perfect for a thanksgiving dinner appetizer
- 3 slices turkey bacon, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream of onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 30 baby portabello mushrooms
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- cook bacon until crisp.
- add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- place green beans, 1/2 cup cheese, soup, water, nutmeg, pepper, and bacon mixture in a food processor and process until blended.
- transfer to a small bowl and fold in breadcrumbs.
- remove stems from mushrooms and discard.
- spray mushroom caps with cooking spray.
- place in a baking pan and bake on 425 for ten minutes, turning once.
- drain liquid from caps.
- fill with green bean mixture.
- top with remaining cheese and french fried onions.
- bake ten minutes longer.