Recipe by CarrieB.
This version of green bean casserole is made in the slow cooker so it won't take up valuable oven space when preparing a holiday meal. You can just throw everything in and forget about it for a few hours until your ready to serve!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds