Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This version of green bean casserole is made in the slow cooker so it won't take up valuable oven space when preparing a holiday meal. You can just throw everything in and forget about it for a few hours until your ready to serve!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker (EXCEPT almonds).
- Cover; cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Served for Thankgiving, nice not to have to use oven. General feeling among guests was it was good but needed more flavor.